Saturday 22 July 2017

Garter and Rib Check

            A Pretty late post today due to visitors. So it's going to be a pretty short post today because I  am tired from trying not to trip over a tiny child. This has probably been compounded with being unable to get out and run the past few days because I've been busy/waiting on a sports bra or it's been raining. I've also been building up a few youtube videos and things on netflix that I want to binge recently, so I'm going to write this post and then chill out by myself for a while.

I've also been thinking about doing some posts that arent the treasury patterns, maybe some seasonal things, but obviously the current project takes priority given the time it's going to take and I want to try and get as much as possible done before I have to be an adult with a job.


On with the stitch, Barbra keeps it short and sweet and so will I. Garter and Rib check is pretty much explained in the name. Checks of Garter Stitch alternating with checks if ribbing.


Swatch is as follows: 4ply - 2.5mm needles - 30st x 42st - German Loop CON - Surprisingly Stretchy COFF

Pattern for working flat:
CON: Multiple of 10st
Rows 1.3 & 5 - *(K1,P1)x2,K6*
Rows 2, 4 & 6 - *K5,(P1,K1)x2,P1*
Rows 7,9 & 11 - *K6,(P1,K1)x2*
Rows 8,10 & 12 - *(P1,K1)x2,P1,K5*

Well that's today's stitch, it's better looking than yesterdays. (But we all know how I feel about that one) Tomorrow's pattern is more interesting and some of the elements in it will be useful to us later. Happy Knitting!


No comments:

Post a Comment