Wednesday 28 June 2017

Waving Rib Pattern

            I tell you what summer telly is garbage, I haven't noticed much as I have netflix and running is a good distraction but now I've finished orange is the new black and it's 20 days until Game of Thrones season 7 premiers I've got nothing to watch while I knit, and I don't want to get into anything big because it's only 20 days! *squealing* Seriously I am a Game of Thrones super-fan I knitted a Game of Thrones blanket last year, (That was my last big project before this madness) annoyingly it's showing in the summer this year so I won't be under it to watch the show :'( also I left it at uni by accident, maybe I'll make the BF get it for me during grad week.
           
The blanket

            Anyway on with the stitches today we've got a cool effect based on how knits and purls interact, the ribs in this stitch are actually knitted completely straight the wave is caused by the purl stitches drawing the ribs in (like in normal ribbing) and the knits pushing them out. The reverse is actually a rather cute looking block stitch arranged like a basket weave.

A very pretty pattern, and it doesn't take long to knit up, it resembles cables close-up

Very similar to honeycomb lattice cables closeup, but is slightly more open and easier to do!

I personally prefer the reverse to the front but I'm a sucker for basket weave, it would make some nice cushion covers.

It's also less dense than traditional basket weave so would make for more flexible items.

Swatch is as follows: 4ply - 2.5mm needles - 32st x 40st - German Twist CON - Surprisingly Stretchy COFF

Pattern for working flat:
CON - multiple of 6st +2
Rows 1 & 3 - P2*K4,P2*
Rows 2 & 4 - K2*P4,K2*
Rows 5 & 7 - K3,P2*K4,P2*K3
Rows 6 & 8 - P3,K2*P4,K2*P3

Pattern for working in the round:
CON - Multiple of 6st +2
Rows 1-4 - P2*K4,P2*
Rows 5-8 - K3,P2*K4,P2*K3

            A double pattern again, where both sides look great and it's super easy to knit up! Especially in the round. Now I have to get back to finding something to watch that isn't daytime tv trash, *sigh* If only it wasn't raining I would run. Well happy Knitting!


No comments:

Post a Comment